efficiency, reliability, results
Health & Safety Policy Statement
Health and safety will be managed to the same high standards as any other activity within our business. Zing recognises the fact that high level of safety has positive benefits to the organisation and makes good business sense.
Zing will maintain the proactive management of health and safety within the workplace as per its legal duty and good practice which will help prevent work-related accidents and ill health, increase employee morale and motivation and prevent any unnecessary financial loss.
Zing will protect its employees and others from any foreseeable work hazards and support them in achieving such conditions. Every employee has a legal duty to comply with contents of this policy and work accordingly to any training or information that has been provided within the policy.
Managers of each department are responsible for achieving adequate health and safety standards and will undertake personal responsibility for the assessment and subsequent control of health and safety risks which may arise out of their activities.
In recognition of our responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to our operations Zing commits itself to:
- Promote standards of health, safety and welfare that will comply with the provisions and requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, all other statutory provisions and Codes of Practice relevant to our undertaking as well as our own company standards
- To fulfill this policy we will make resources available such as finance, equipment, personnel and time
- To provide and maintain appropriate systems of work to ensure safe and healthy working environment, in so far as is reasonable practicable
- Provide sufficient information, training, instruction and supervision to all employees
- Define individual responsibilities for health and safety matters
- Maintain a system for accident’s and near misses investigation
- Encourage consultation on all health & safety matters
- Conduct periodic reviews and revise policy where necessary to ensure that it remains relevant and effective
In deciding what is reasonable we will take into account business, economic and work constraints but will not compromise on safety.
This policy has the full support of the business.
To demonstrate our commitment to Health & Safety, Zing’s top managers are certified with the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).